Return to Work Communication Memo to Employees Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Guelph Manufacturing Group and Atlanta Precision Metal Forming is deeply focused on keeping our employees safe while working inside our facilities and wanted to inform you about several measures we have taken to make your return to work safe under the current recommendations and guidelines from our governments and health departments
• Disinfecting all common areas throughout the plants
• Adding disinfecting stations & disinfecting checklists for all work centers
• Adding Self-Screening for Symptoms prior to shift start
• Restricting entry into the plant for anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
• Limiting Entry into the plant for visitors, contractors
• Adding masks as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Staggering shift Start & Stop times to help with social distancing
• Adding Social Distancing signage & floor markings
What to expect on your first day back:
Specific doors will be designated as the Entry / Exit door(s) to the Facility. This will be the only door you may enter / exit through as all others will be locked. There may be a line up as everyone tries to get through the screening process. We ask that you follow social distancing (6’ (2 meter)) requirements at all times. If the lineup is long, stay in your car until the line subsides then join in the queue.
Salary Employees must wear PPE (mask, shoes & eye protection) upon entering and walking on the manufacturing floor.
Attached to this letter you will find a self-screening questionnaire. On your first day returning to work we require that you complete the document in full and bring it with you. We will be collecting these documents and reviewing the questions with you prior to allowing you inside the building.
If you said Yes to any of the questions on the self-questionnaire do not come to work. Call your HR Department and advise them.
Ultimately, we encourage everyone to make responsible, sensible decisions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Human Resources department.
We will have personnel here to provide guidance as to where to go when you get through the doors.
Every employee will be required to go through training to update everyone on the new rules and practices. Training sessions will be completed accordingly on your first day and comply with social distancing requirements.
Social Distancing at Work:
We ask that you follow social distancing guidelines throughout the office and plants at all times.
Work Space / Office Space Distancing:
Every effort is being made to provide a safe distance for working out on the floor. In the event that we are not able to do so then extra PPE will be provided as necessary to protect you.
Modified Work Schedules:
Shift schedules will be modified to limit the number of employees in any given space at a given time.
Modified Shift Schedule are as follows:
• Day Shift Toolroom & Maintenance: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
• Day Shift Hourly: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
• Afternoon Shift Toolroom & Maintenance: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
• Afternoon Shift Hourly: 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
• Midnight shifts All Personnel: TBD – As Required
• Salary Personnel: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Please note that we are anticipating a gradual return to work process, we will be contacting all team members individually as required for starting back to work.
We have posted signs as reminders to wash hands and cover your cough. We have hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfectant materials available for use throughout the facility. In addition, we have implemented sanitization rotations so equipment, washrooms, cafeterias, etc. are cleaned on a regular basis.
We would like to ask our Employees to:
• Keep your swipe card with you at all times and take them home at the end of your shift so we can limit the time and congestion at the swipe clock.
• Limit use of your lockers; please take items with you such as safety shoes, etc.
• Bring your own food with you from home as much as possible. Internal vending machines & Food trucks may not be available
• Salaried staff are being asked to please eat at your desk.
• Please advise all non-employees to stay in their vehicles and not approach the plants.
As we continue to navigate through this “new normal”, we encourage all employees to provide their feedback and suggestions on the implemented practices and on additional improvements to make our work environment safe for us all.
It is a good reminder for us to pay attention to how we are feeling and how to prevent the spreading of germs. Hand-washing, not touching your face and social distancing are good prevention methods. Employees are encouraged to engage in good hygiene practices while at work, especially hand washing with soap and water or using alcohol-based disposable hand wipes or gel sanitizers.
If you have any questions prior to returning or during the return process, please contact us, utilizing the hotline number for each of your respective facilities –
• Royal Road Call HR @ 519-822-5402 ext.1298
• Massey Road Call HR @ 519-822-5402 ext.2298
• Lewis Road Call HR @ 519-822-5402 ext.6698
• APMF Call HR @ 678-623-1867
• Warren, MI Call HR @ 586-755-3333
We would like to thank everyone for their patience in GMG & APMF being able to begin our start-up process. Even though this will be a lot of information to take in, we fully expect all Employees to adhere strictly to the application of the new policies and procedures until such time as these restrictions have been lifted.
Guelph Manufacturing Group & Atlanta Precision Metal Forming